“Effective communication in the workplace involves tactics that eliminate misunderstandings, ambiguities and questions between individuals to foster a more cohesive, seamless and supportive environment for task and project completion.”
There are a few core components at the heart of good workplace communication.
What is good communication in the workplace?
1. Consistent Performance Feedback
2. Strong, Goal-orientated Discussions
3. Practical Workflow Processes
4. The Ability to Question and Get Answers
Why are good workplace communication skills critical?
1. Increases employee engagement and retention
2. Clarifies job duties and expectations
3. Saves money
Top Workplace Communication Techniques and Strategies:
1. Pick your channels wisely
2. Practice active listening
3. Employ code shifting
4. Balance brevity with a “Human” touch
5. When in doubt, schedule it out
Best Communication Practices and Skills by Industry:
1. It workplace communication
3. Nonprofit workplace communication
4. Private/commercial workplace communication
Full Article below: